LepIndex

Kishen.Das at gxs.com Kishen.Das at gxs.com
Fri Oct 8 02:38:48 EDT 2004

----Original Message-----
From: George Beccaloni [mailto:G.Beccaloni at nhm.ac.uk]
Sent: 07 October 2004 16:23
To: entomology at nhm.ac.uk
Subject: LepIndex - all card images now accessible

Dear Lepidopterists,

I am pleased to tell you that images of ALL 290,099 cards from the NHM's
Lepidoptera card index are now available on the LepIndex website
(http://www.nhm.ac.uk/entomology/lepindex/). This is the first time that a
such an extensive catalogue of world Lepidoptera names has been made
available in electronic form and I hope that it proves to be useful.

If you notice any errors in LepIndex  (and I'm sure there are plenty) then
please let me know.

Best wishes,

George

George Beccaloni, PhD
Curator of orthopteroid insects
Entomology Department
The Natural History Museum
Cromwell Road
South Kensington
London SW7 5BD, UK

Tel. +44 (0)20 7942 5361 Fax. +44 (0)20 7942 5229
My CV on the Web- http//www.nhm.ac.uk/entomology/staffpages/gbeccaloni.html
UPDATED & EXPANDED!! The Global Lepidoptera Names Index (LepIndex)
by George Beccaloni, Malcolm Scoble, Gaden Robinson, Brian Pitkin & Mike
Sadka
http//www.nhm.ac.uk/entomology/lepindex/index.html

An on-going project to provide an electronic catalogue of all of the genus-
and species-group names of butterflies and moths worldwide. Currently
includes all names in the superfamilies Acanthopteroctetoidea,
Agathiphagoidea, Alucitoidea, Bombycoidea, Cossoidea, Geometroidea,
Hedyloidea, Hesperioidea, Hyblaeoidea, Noctuoidea, Papilionoidea,
Pterophoroidea, Pyraloidea, Simaethistoidea, Thyridoidea and Whalleyanoidea.
The Natural History Museum is the winner of Large Visitor Attraction of the
Year (London Tourism Awards 2003)
Gold Award for Large Visitor Attraction of the Year (Excellence in England
Awards 2004)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/CCYolB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/