Hello; Mark Walker response; Saturniidae, Sphingidae, Catocala, butterflies

Bill Oehlke oehlkew at islandtelecom.com
Sat Aug 20 18:04:12 EDT 2005

Mark,

My condolences to all who knew and appreciated Ron Gatrelle. Ron was
gracious in sharing some of his TILS butterfly images with me and just a few
short weeks ago asked me to document rearing of Platarctia parthenos. I am
working on it!

Regarding posts of worldwide lepidoptera, my main interests are
1) worldwide Saturniidae and I maintain the WLSS, a private membership site,
details at http://www.silkmoths.bizland.com/indexos.htm
2) Sphingidae of the Americas at
http://www.silkmoths.bizland.com/usatable.htm, a public site. I have
recently begun creating county by county checklists for some states,
Massachusetts, Oregon, New York, New Jersey, etc. I would appreciate
contribtuions of sightings and credit will be given.
3) North American Catocala (now is flight time in northeast).
 Public site at http://www.silkmoths.bizland.com/catocala.html
Sightings and images are much appreciated
4) North American Butterflies, featuring caterpillars on a private site
called Caterpillars Too! Details at
http://www.silkmoths.bizland.com/ButterflyIntro.htm

I can identify most worldwide Saturniide larvae and adults, most North
American Catocala, most Sphingidae of the Americas  larvae and adults,
andmost North American butterflies, larvae and adults if anyone wishes help
or an opinion.

Bill Oehlke
Box 476, 155 Peardon Road
Montague, Prince Edward Island