Monarchs and Monoculture in southern Michigan

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 12:35:32 EDT 2005

On Saturday 27 August 2005 01:39, Ed Reinertsen wrote:
> Neil
> You are smarter than this. You are grasping at straws. You need to go back
> and review
> history as to know what is happening now. I expected a different answer
> from you, but this is
> what you have to offer?
>
> Ed Reinertsen

No I wasn't grasping at straws. I was defeating a poor scientific argument
through standard scientific means, but you didn't realise that did you? The
trouble is you just looked at the figures. I looked at what the figures meant
and looked at what changing them slightly would do to the results.
The data didn't support the argument well. What did you expect? I think the
problem is that you believed it did. Try putting your figures through some
statistical tests.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/