[Fwd: Fw: Re: [SoWestLep] 2005 prospects for S. Calif. and NW Arizona.]

Stanley A. Gorodenski stan_gorodenski at asualumni.org
Mon Jan 24 11:58:45 EST 2005

It is interesting that you should mention this now. Last night I was
thinking that maybe a controlled (i.e., to control the amount of data
and work involved, the trap would not have to be out everynight and
could only be on certain hours of the night) blacklighting regimen for
moths instead of butterfly collecting and observation might be a better
way to guage which year (or the next) will be the banner year for
butterflies. This assumes that there is a correlation - if moth counts
are low _generally_ butterfly flights will be low and vice versa. This
might not be a good assumption.
Stan