Northernmost Early Black Witch moth record

Mike Quinn Mike.Quinn at tpwd.state.tx.us
Thu Jun 23 10:38:46 EDT 2005

Clarification, yesterday I wrote (in part):

------------------

Last year, I received word of two BWMs in the same location on the same
date, but I know of no other BWM records so close (spatially or
temporally) as these two near St. Paul, Minnesota:

Map showing driving directions between St. Anthony, MN & Hudson, WI
http://tinyurl.com/apclg

Large numbers of BWMs are of course seen together across the
southwestern US (and points south), but as they migrate north they tend
to thin out. Previously, the furthest north that I knew of two reported
together was last year in Kansas. The two (nearly) together in the
Minneapolis area this month is perhaps unprecedented.

Mike Quinn, Austin