Help on getting Swallowtails to oviposit in captivity

Glaucus glaucus at earthlink.net
Wed May 25 08:17:32 EDT 2005

I finally got a successful pairing yesterday, and now I have a Swallowtail
(I. podalirius) that is ready to lay eggs. Can someone please tell me what
the best way is to get it to lay? If memory serves, most people place the
female into a SMALL container with a lot of foodplant, and heat the
container during the day. Should I use an airtight container like a
Rubbermade shoebox? Should I heat during the night as well? When can I
expect to get eggs? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Marc
glaucus at earthlink.net