Looking for references

Hugh McGuinness hmcguinness at ross.org
Mon Apr 10 11:18:01 EDT 2006

Hello Lepidophiles

I am looking for literature that discusses the fact that insect
communities are difficult to study because the populations of insect
species may fluctuate wildly from year to year. I am interested in
approaches that deal with this issue and yet still can make sense of the
insect community. Does anyone know of such? (Of course, a pdf would be
nice:))

I am also looking for a pdf of the following paper:

Root, R.B. 1973. Organization of a plant-arthropod association in simple
and diverse habitats: the fauna of Collards (Brassica oleraceae).
Ecological Monographs 43:95-124.

Thanks in advance for any help you can be.

Hugh

Hugh McGuinness, Ph.D.
The Ross School
18 Goodfriend Drive