Journal of the Lepidopterists' Society Online!!!

warrena at science.oregonstate.edu warrena at science.oregonstate.edu
Sun Feb 19 20:41:10 EST 2006

Dear All,

This note is modified from a post sent to LEPEX-L (listserv for the Executive
Council of the Lepidopterists' Society) by David Lohman, the man responsible
the success of this project.

Scanned back issues of the Journal of the Lepidopterists' Society are now online
and available at:

http://research.yale.edu/peabody/jls/

All but the last five years of the Journal of the Lepidopterists' Society are
now posted online, or soon will be (some issues from 1955 and 1963-1968 have
not yet been added).  Each article is available as a scanned pdf file, and the
files are named and organized in a way that enables someone with a literature
citation to find an article on the site.  Once the Googlebot finds and indexes
the site, the entire journal will also be full-text searchable.

In time, the site will probably evolve to include browseable tables of contents
with article titles, citation information, and author names linked to the
relevant pdfs.

If anyone finds bad/crooked scans, missing pages, etc., let me know and I will
let David know.

This is a tremendous online resource, and I am sure I am not alone in thanking
David Lohman and others for the time and work that has been invested to make
this a reality!

Best,
Andy