Photos, maps, beetle - Sand Mountain, Nevada

Mike Quinn ento at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 9 02:24:52 EST 2006

Gooogled up images of Sand Mtn, NV showing the limited distribution of the
dunes.
Be sure to check out the beetle pix (fourth link). Mike Quinn, Austin

Sand Mountain, Nevada - Aerial photo
http://www.schweich.com/imagehtml/TM86NVSandMtn.html

Sand Mountain, Nevada
University of Wisconsin - Green Bay
http://tinyurl.com/9vxvc

Sand Mountain, as seen from US. Highway 50
http://www.schweich.com/imagehtml/1340_3152_4275_48sm.html

Sand Mountain Recreation Area
http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_sand_mountain.htm

Cool photo of endemic Eusattus muricatus,
a darkling ground beetle at Sand Mountain, Nevada.
http://biology.usgs.gov/s+t/SNT/noframe/gb150f14.htm