Numbers

warrena at science.oregonstate.edu warrena at science.oregonstate.edu
Sun Jan 22 15:50:49 EST 2006

Hi All,

Currently there are 1761 butterfly species recorded from Mexico- this number
changes each month, and includes most known, but still undescribed species.

http://www.mariposasmexicanas.com/intro.htm

Best,
Andy Warren

PS- the Opler & Warren list can be downloaded for free from:

http://www.biology.ualberta.ca/old_site/uasm//Opler&Warren.pdf

Quoting drdn at mail.utexas.edu: