chameleon diet

viceroy at bellsouth.net viceroy at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 8 13:42:56 EDT 2006

She's lovely; reminds me of my Aunt Sister Michael, who was a Benedictine nun.

Is there not a Latin tag: Timeo Danaiids et donae ferentes? Which is, roughly translated, "I wouldn't take a Monarch as a gift."
Captive reptiles may eat critters which in the wilds they would avoid. Butterflies (notably Danaiids) vary in palatability according to their host plant, so that Monarchs pastured on some milkweed, for instance, are perfectly tasty.
I would think that most people who own and love chameleons would be reluctant to experiment with giving them dodgy provender.
It's rather like seeing what sort of bugs the baby will eat. Experimenters in this field are not respected in polite society.
I suppose you've tried the herp people and the zoo folks?
Good luck
Anne Kilmer
Mayo, Ireland