Caterpillar ID, in Virginia, on Meadow Rue

David Hamilton Cox dhcox at nyx.net
Sat May 13 08:46:38 EDT 2006

 That should be Calyptra canadensis, not Calyptris canadensis.

 I have a bunch of moth photos, some supposed day I am going to organize
and submit to that great moth photo site but in the meantime when I go
to the trouble to post here it motivates me to ask about one or the other,
try this one: http://www.nyx.net/~dhcox/moth3.jpg which was perched on
my window back on March 26 of this year. The forelegs seem oddly placed
to me -- farther forward. I thought they might be the antennae at first
but I think they are the forelegs.

-David Cox