Corporate denial on climate change

Grkovich, Alex agrkovich at tmpeng.com
Wed Sep 20 12:42:14 EDT 2006

I agree with part of what Paul said here...and that is in reference to
the sizes of homes...They have become ridiculously large, so large in
fact that one wonders why a typical U.S. family of 4 (or "3.5") would
have any need of such large houses...These average houses would appear
to me to be about double the required living space for a typical
family...At the same time, we have the recent phenomenon of large tracts
of land being cleared (razed completely to below the soil by bulldozers
etc.), stripping the entire landscape of trees and vegetation...This is
exactly what's happening to a wooded hill behind our house...Not only
has the entire landscape been razed, but the hill (about 200 ft. high)
is being removed...Horrible...

Of course, I don't want to start on ExxonMobil (and other such
"giants")...These gas stations have typically had the highest gas prices
over the summer; and it makes me sick to see such high gas prices
"advertised" directly beneath flocks of American flags which are all
over these gas stations...Reminds of Communist countries of a generation
ago, where there would be red flags all over the place, almost on every
lamp post in the city...same type of brainwashing, but done a different
way, maybe? Our flag is precious, and its display should be for more
dignified purposes.

Alex