150 years Tijdschrift voor Entomologie

Nieukerken, E.J. van Nieukerken at naturalis.nnm.nl
Tue Dec 4 08:58:17 EST 2007

The Tijdschrift voor Entomologie (Netherlands Journal of Entomology) was established in 1857 and now exists 150 years. The second issue of volume 150 has just been published as a special celebratory issue.

To honour this celebration, this issue is now also available as open access pdf's on our website, see www.nev.nl/tve (where the cover can also be seen) and click on "online as full-text!" You will then see the index for the issue plus links to pdf's.
At the same time, we have put pdf's online for volumes 141 to 148. Those of 149 and the first issue of this year will be placed online 2 years after publication. All these pdf's are open access.

The new issue contains a paper on the history of the journal, examples of old colour plates face to face with original drawings by Snellen van Vollenhoven as well as several mini-reviews:

1). Polhemus & Polhemus - Global trends in the description of aquatic and semiaquatic Heteroptera species, 1758-2004

2) Wilson &  Turner - Progress in the study of sharpshooter leafhoppers (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha: Cicadellidae) over 150 years: monographs, museums and individuals

3) Scoble et al. - Revisionary taxonomy in a changing e-landscape

4) De Jong - Estimating time and space in the evolution of the Lepidoptera

5) Schilthuizen - The evolution of chirally dimorphic insect genitalia

6) Menéndez - How are insects responding to global warming?

Further some traditional taxonomic papers on Coleoptera and Hemiptera.

Also we proudly present online a complete index to all 150 volumes. Click on "Search index to all volumes" to go  to the index. Please use the search facilities and see how easy it works. Comments are welcome!

As editors we hope that a next step will be to provide access to the contents of all previous volumes via BHL or a similar project.

Erik J. van Nieukerken
editor-in chief
Tijdschrift voor Entomologie
c/o National Museum of Natural History Naturalis
dep. of Entomology
PO Box 9517, 2300 RA Leiden, Netherlands
[address for parcels: Darwinweg 2, 2333 CR Leiden]
direct phone: +31-71-56 87 682
fax:      +31-71-5687666

e-mail:  for Tijdschrift: tve at nev.nl
otherwise: nieukerken at naturalis.nl