Global temperature could drop 1.5 degrees C (3 degrees F) by 2020

mexicodoug mexicodoug at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 21:32:55 EST 2007

Hi Paul,

The Sun cycle has 11.1 year minima; mid 2007 had been predicted to be the
minimum of the most recent cycle.  Haven't you ever heard of The Butterfly
Diagram?  I hear the Sunspot activity (which are storms on the orientation
of the Sun's magnetic compass) can be predicted by how many "Monarchs"
appear on the graph (Each Monarch is one Sunspot cycle).  You can see it
here at NASA:

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/images/longrange/butterfly.jpg

This is almost like sitting around and predicting the price of oil by
watching fours days of some stock market index.  Today, Sunspot 978 is
growning fast enough to be considered nearly an indicator of Solar Flare
production, according to space weather.  Sunspots  had been detected as you
know throughout the few months period, however weak.  And they are expected
to increase in coming months.

American measured monthly averages:
ftp://ftp.ngdc.noaa.gov/STP/SOLAR_DATA/SUNSPOT_NUMBERS/AMERICAN_NUMBERS/MONTHLY.PLT

International measured:
ftp://ftp.ngdc.noaa.gov/STP/SOLAR_DATA/SUNSPOT_NUMBERS/MONTHLY.PLT

October was a low month of average 0.9 Sunspot Number, but right now the
Sunspot Number is a heafty 42.

Best wishes,
Doug