LepSoc *Membership Committee* includes TK.....

bretcal1 at verizon.net bretcal1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 30 09:14:46 EDT 2007

Neil,

Your concerns are well founded, but I would direct your comments about the proposal directly to the acting chairman, Gary Anweiler. My failure to "recognize the oblique reference and the reason behind it" was simply the result of my being in too much of a hurry when I first read Mike's post.  This is something that we are all guilty of on occasion.

It was not my intent to defend the actions of anyone, nor minimize the seriousness of any crimes.  The important thing to keep in mind is that all the people on the committee are paying members of the LepSoc.  Unless their status changes, they must be afforded the same privileges as everyone else, including the participation on committees.  Regarding the appointment of specific members to this committee, please refer to Gary's earlier post.

John