Amazonia Book

Hank Brodkin hbrodkin at cox.net
Tue May 1 02:52:35 EDT 2007

Kim Garwood asked me to post this, which I am happy to do.  This an
independent effort on the part of Kim Garwood and Richard Lehman and
numerous photographers who have spent their vacations photographing
neotropical butterflies in the Amazon.  Ordinarily I do not like to
"advertise" on these lists - but I feel that this is such a worthwhile
project that as many people as possible should know about it:

The first edition of Butterflies of Southern Amazonia is now ready for
printing! 250 color plates, 8 photos/plate, over 1,050 species. The
price will be $87, including shipping & handling. Please place your
order through our website www.neotropicalbutterflies.com with PayPal or send
your check, made out to
Kim Garwood, to 721 N. Bentsen Palm Drive #40, Mission TX 78572, and
also please reply to this email ASAP letting us know if you're going to
want a copy. We are doing a small print run, so there will not be lots
of additional copies available. We're trying to determine how many to
print; anybody who is thinking of buying one needs to let us know
immediately. There will only be one printing at this time. Additional
printings of fewer copies will be a great deal more expensive.

Our plan is to have a second edition in the next year or so, after this
one has been out and we have received feedback on it. This will give us
another year to collect more photographs, either of new species or
upgrade the shots we have, plus to get any errors corrected. We hope to
get some additional funding for the second printing, which MIGHT
decrease the cost. So if you don't want the book for this year, you
might consider waiting for the second edition. However, this is not
guaranteed; so it might be wiser to buy this first edition, even though
it's not inexpensive.

Thanks very much for your interest in Butterflies of Southern Amazonia.
Kim Garwood & Richard Lehman

Hank Brodkin
Carr Canyon, Cochise County, AZ
hbrodkin at cox.net
"Butterflies of Arizona - a Photographic Guide"
http://members.cox.net/hbrodkin/