[DPLEX-L:41884] MONARCH WATCH ANNOUNCES BRING BACK THE MONARCHS CAMPAIGN

Roger Kuhlman rkuhlman at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 30 11:30:00 EDT 2010

Alex,

I guess we do disagree about whether human overpopulation is happening in America and whether it is good or not. Demographic facts say that the American human population is growing very rapidly in historical terms. In 1950 there were less than 150 million Americans here. In 1970 the human population had bumped up to 203 million. Today we have somewhere around 310 to 320 million people. If current demographic trends of high legal and illegal immigration continue, America should be approaching 500 million people in 2050.

People consume huge amounts of land, natural habitat, and other natural resources so I don't think having so many people in our country or the vastly increased numbers in the future is good thing in environmental terms for our country's native ecosystems and leps.

I think you are very wrong about America's Elites. They definitely do favor large population growth. Corporate Interests want cheap labor which illegal immigration and high levels of legal immigration provide. Democratic Party Elites want fast population through illegal and legal immigration since they see these people as the golden key to political power. Very sad.

Roger Kuhlman
Ann ARbor, Michigan