$0 funding for State Wildlife Grants proposed in FY '11 Continuing Resolution

Roger Kuhlman rkuhlman at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:18:11 EST 2011

Why is it that only now that Obama wants to fully fund the Land and Water Conservation Fund? Something is fishy here methinks.

Our country has a major problem with excessive spending and a huge national debt. The US can't keep on borrowing and spending. It has got to stop since this practice is unsustainable. Frightening facts: over $14 trillion of accumulated federal debt, $1.6 trillion federal deficit for FY2011, expected federal deficits of $1 trillion for the next few years, Unfunded liabilities for Social Security, Medicare, and government pensions $60+ trillion, unknown huge additional liabilities for Medicaid and Obama's new healthcare entitlements.

I would like to know why concerned, major environmental and conservation organizations are not pushing to stop human population growth in America. Human overpopulation is one of the two most powerful drivers of environmental problems but these groups are virtually silent on the issue.

Roger