I've been watching this discussion...

May inkslinger at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 18 22:52:09 EST 2011

How about we stop spraying chemicals that are harmful; stop Monsanto and
big agra from developing genetically modified crops.  The USDA has done
nothing to stop this and
we are having real problems with pollinators all over the world.  How
about we use technology that exists for developing our own energy
sources - the veritable ocean of oil in mid-America that we can use for
a couple of centuries.  The technology (and I know about it from someone
who developed it and it's being used in China and India), can take
biomass, low grade, high sulfur coal and turn it into non-polluting
potable water, go through steps in a process that grow food and
manufactures non-toxic building products.  The company tried to get
licensing here, but the red tape was too much.

Cleaner technology can be developed over time.  The money we save by
being energy independent can be used for invention.  What we have now is
a very small effort, inefficient and expensive.  Personally, I can
harness a horse and drive it, and that's what I'd prefer to do.  There
is hydrogen cell technology but you never hear of it because it would
take money out of someone's pocket.

I'm sorry.  Climate change is a hoax and Al Gore is a profiteering
buffoon.  People will limit the size of the families as the economies
get worse.  Don't ask why and don't moan about population.  Do it
yourself and be your own example.  Reasonableness and moderation in all
things.

I love my butterflies and moths.  I love my birds and bees. Repeated
spraying in our area because I live in the midst of a cypress swamp in
NW FL,  has decimated everything, and one of the culprits I'm sure is an
incinerator that belongs to the county and has never had the promised
scrubbers installed.

Stop talking about what you can't control and do something more
positive..  Do something local.  Take up the slack, find out what
chemicals are added to your water, how your incinerator works, what
chemicals are being sprayed, talk to beekeepers.  Make yourself heard at
county commission meetings or town meetings.  Maybe the chem trails you
see really are spraying aluminum and other toxins.

The local Audubon tried, and I attended meetings and helped with
proposals, to stop the county from mowing the wildflowers that grow on
the easements.  The county refused to listen.

I think the solution is local.

My 2 cents.

May