I've been watching this discussion...

Stan Gorodenski stanlep at commspeed.net
Sat Feb 19 15:21:50 EST 2011

On 2/19/2011 11:34 AM, Paul Cherubini wrote:

> On Oct. 6, 2010 Harold Lewis, emeritus professor of physics
> at the University of California, Santa Barbara wrote this:
>
> "For reasons that will soon become clear my former pride at
> being an APS Fellow [American Physical Society] all these years
> has been turned into shame, and I am forced, with no pleasure
> at all, to offer you my resignation from the Society. It is of course,
> the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars
> driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has
> carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest
> and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my
> long life as a physicist. Anyone who has the faintest doubt
> that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate
> documents, which lay it bare. (Montford¹s book organizes
> the facts very well.) I don¹t believe that any real physicist,
> nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion."

I myself take physicist's opinions with a grain of salt. Maybe because
of the big brain in Physics, Einstein, many might think physicists have
special brain power in all fields, but this is not true. In the early
years of biology, before the synthesis, physicists attempted to apply a
physics approach to some of the basic problems in biology, but without
success. Some cannot even accept, maybe not even understand, the
overwhelming evidence for evolution and believe in creationism. I do not
know how close Dr. Lewis was to doing climatology research, maybe he was
actually doing it. How many were part of this mass exodus from APS?
Stan
p.s., it is now at this moment snowing big snow flakes in Dewey,
Arizona. What does this say?