Fwd: Fire in Ash Canyon, SE AZ, loss of Noel McFarland Coll.

Mike Quinn entomike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:00:55 EDT 2011

Below, Bob describes the start of the fire that engulfed Ash Canyon.
It's known as the Monument Fire. It's burning up the the southern end
of the Huachuca Mountains and is currently encroaching on Sierra
Vista. There was also apparently a fire in Lower Garden Canyon. GC has
the mother load of biodiversity in the Huachucs.

ABC15.com - Posted: 06/19/2011
http://bit.ly/mLeVqY

Monument Fire growth animation 6/20
http://bit.ly/iWtJHs

Then there's the fire in the Chiricahua Mtns. Both Rustler Campground
and Barfoot Lookout were destroyed...

Mike Quinn, Austin