Lepping eastern KY State Parks

chris kline kline_at_pine at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 09:24:20 EDT 2011

Greetings.  Continuing the planning for my big butterfly year.  Would like to make a trip into Kentucky for early April, probably April 9.  For various reasons it will need to be a day trip.  Have been checking the KY Leps database and notice that there is not a lot of data from some of the eastern KY parks, such as Greenbo Lake, Yatesville Lake, Grayson Lake.  Is that because there is no butterflies there or because nobody has gone looking for them.  I know Nat'l Bridges would be a good location, but I am afraid it may be a little too far for a day trip (I'll be traveling from about an hour se of Columbus, OH).  I am especially looking for marbles, elfins, and azures.  How about between Cincinnati and Lexington?

THX

chris

Chris Kline
Sugar Grove, Ohio