[Leps-l] [leps-talk] Monarch Armageddon

Roger Kuhlman rkuhlman at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 01:01:58 EST 2013

Ah the argument of a developer. I do not think you are sincere in saying it is impossible for humans to eliminate the eastern migrating Monarch population. Winter roosting locations of Eastern Monarchs are very constrained in numbers and locations. These conditions put them at a significant risk of extinction. Also I think you know that modern farming practices and suburbanization have greatly reduced the numbers of milkweeds in both eastern and western US. Fewer milkweeds means fewer Monarchs. Roger