[Leps-l] [leps-talk] Monarch Armageddon

Chuck Vaughn aa6g at aa6g.org
Sat Feb 16 16:48:22 EST 2013

Jim,

Actually I think you're missing my point. I'm not disputing or dismissing what you are seeing. My point is that your concerns and what you view as problems are not shared by a lot of other people. For example, I'd wager that more people are concerned about whether they can afford to buy corn products to eat next year than there are people concerned about a severe reduction in weed and insect species in Illinois farmland. Are their concerns to be dismissed?  That doesn't make them lemmings because they don't share your concerns.

The issue of things you love disappearing and what that means to the planet beyond your personal feelings is the topic for another discussion. I am an amateur astrophotographer and I love the dark night sky. That has been disappearing since the invention of the light bulb. Do you have the same level of concern for my issue as you do for yours? I would not expect you to.

Chuck