[Leps-l] Potential loss of monarch overwintering habitat in Mexico

BPatter789 at aol.com BPatter789 at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 18:35:35 EST 2013

Dear Paul,

Why shouldn't that graph be interpreted as showing an upward trend since
1860 with three peaks, the highest of which is today?

The caption under that graph suggests waxing and waning of glaciers during
the period.  Everything I have read and comparison photos and  drawings
that I have seen show only glacial retreat to the point of near  extinction of
many glaciers and mountain snow cover.

Have I been missing something during the last 60 years?

Bob  Patterson
12601 Buckingham Drive
Bowie, Maryland 20715
(301) - 262-2459  pm. hours
_Moth Photographers  Group Website_
(http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/Plates.shtml)
_My  Personal Moths Website_
(http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/Files1/Live/BP/BPsite/identified.shtml)

In a message dated 2/16/2013 6:23:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,