[Leps-l] Potential loss of monarch overwintering habitat in Mexico

Foley, Patrick patfoley at saclink.csus.edu
Sat Feb 16 22:16:56 EST 2013

Count me (and the great majority of atmospheric scientists) among the climate change alarmists.

This is however not my area of expertise. Paul should go argue this out with NOAA scientists. Or any atmospheric scientists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keeling_Curve

Skepticism in science is a very useful tool. But one should be skeptical of ones own views also. Nietzsche said once " The courage of one's convictions -- a common error; real courage is questioning one's own convictions." Scientists (including climate change "alarmists") do this all the time. That is the essence of science. As far as I can see, most climate change deniers do not question their own belief systems or what motivates them.

Patrick Foley
bees, fleas, flowers, disease
patfoley at csus.edu