[Leps-l] Collecting moths in US National Parks

metzlere at msu.edu metzlere at msu.edu
Tue Feb 18 12:51:52 EST 2014

Hi all,

The U. S. National Park Service recently posted two documents about my moth research at White Sands National Monument.

All the pinned and identified  moths are deposited in the Museum of Southwestern Biology at the  University of New Mexico in Albuquerque or my home institution, Michigan  State University in East Lansing, Michigan.

There are two documents which can be seen here:

www.southwestlearning.org/products/research-brief/remarkable-endemism-moths-white-sands-national-monument

http://www.nps.gov/whsa/photosmultimedia/podcasts.htm

While  my brother in Michigan is shoveling 9" of snow from last night, I was  collecting in 80+ F temps at Carlsbad Caverns.  Life is good.

Cheers,

Eric

Eric H. Metzler P.O. Box 45 Alamogordo NM 88311-0045 metzlere at msu.edu