[Leps-l] Finding taxonomic descriptions

Foley, Patrick patfoley at csus.edu
Sat Apr 9 17:29:49 EDT 2016

Hi Neil,

Normally I expect to find the first papers cited in Genus or subGenus monographs. Sometimes catalogues, of say Hymenoptera, give the citations. I never owned the Nomina Insecta Nearctica, but I believe the paid-for version had citations for each species. Some versions of this are still on-line, but I have not looked carefully recently.

Patrick

Patrick Foley
bees, fleas, flowers, disease
patfoley at csus.edu