[Leps-l] looking for info about butterfly recognition of individual humans

Bill Cornelius billcor at mcn.org
Fri Jul 8 00:45:50 EDT 2022

Hi List:

I read some time ago, before fact checking was an industry, that some reared Heliconius charithonia will recognize individual people that have acted threateningly or non threateningly towards them and react correspondingly days or weeks later. Can anyone send me any info on that? My own experience with Polygonias indicates they do have that capability. I'm looking for support but any info will do.

thanks
Bill Cornelius