[Leps-l] Finally Announced: The size of the Mexican monarch overwintering colonies this past winter.

Roger Kuhlman rkuhlman at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 14:47:54 EDT 2022

But in Southeast Michigan where crop monocultures now reign one can now find very little Common Milkweeds in the fields anymore. As recently as ten to fifteen years ago this was not true of crop fields in Washtenaw County Michigan. There were lots of Milkweeds to be found there. Of course this present lack of Milkweeds can only be detrimental to breeding Monarch populations in our area. Take away masses on Common Milkweeds in the fields and open area, and Monarchs are bound to suffer immensely. Who says we could not lose the migrating Monarchs as a subspecies? I have to question the wisdom and good faith of Deniers of Biodiversity loss.

Roger Kuhlman
Ann Arbor, Michigan