[Leps-l] Finally Announced: The size of the Mexican monarch overwintering colonies this past winter.

Roger Kuhlman rkuhlman at hotmail.com
Thu May 26 11:04:02 EDT 2022

That some Monarchs migrate has to be because they are genetically programed to do so. They do not learn or voluntarily choose to adopt this lifestyle so yes I would say the migrating Monarch is a subspecies. In any case migrating Monarchs are important piece of Biodiversity and anything that threatens this Biodiversity is a very bad thing. Aren't we losing enough Biodiversity in the World today because of Human Overpopulation and Overdevelopment as it is?

Roger Kuhlman
Ann Arbor, Michigan