[Leps-l] Red Spotted Purple Research Request

Robinson, Abigail aer13 at bu.edu
Mon Jun 5 10:59:15 EDT 2023

Hello All,

My name is Abby Robinson, and I am a PhD Candidate in Sean Mullen's lab at Boston University. My research focuses on mimicry and host plant use in the red spotted purple (Limenitis arthemis astyanax). To investigate local adaptation of host plant use, I am hoping to collect females in the southern part of this species' range (mainly in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Georgia, or Missouri). I would love to connect with any lepidopterists in those states who would be able to let me know when the red spotted purples start emerging in high abundance and may be interested in helping me collect. My email is aer13 at bu.edu; please reach out if you have questions or are interested in collaborating with this project!

Best,
Abby

[cid:e86af4f4-2e43-4e5f-9bab-3130ad9b6545]