[Mendele] MENDELE Yiddish Language and Literature--Teachers' questionnaire (long delayed revised version)

Victor Bers victor.bers at yale.edu
Thu Dec 4 22:03:30 EST 2008

Mendele Personal Notices and Announcements
Dec. 4, 2008

The untershames apologizes, yet again, for the long delay in posting
this material

To minimize wear and tear on the untershames, three requests:

1. Send time-sensitive notices well in advance.
2. Send material as plain text:  no HTML, other coding, or attachments.
3. Correspond directly with the person who or organization which has
    posted the notice, *not* with your ever-beleaguered untershames.

From: Lori Cahan-Simon Lorele55 at yahoo.com

> > Gella Fishman and I have created a questionnaire for Yiddish Teachers.
If you teach Yiddish, we would appreciate it if you would take the time to
respond to the following items as best as you can, either in yidishe
oysyes, transliteration or English, whichever

yiddishteachers-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

> > If you know a teacher not on our list, please forward the ankete and
invite them to join our 160 members from all around the world.

> > Since I cannot post with yidishe oysyes in this email I have also
uploaded this file as a pdf file to our files page with the Yiddish
characters, which should make it easier to read.  You can download it or
print it out directly from the opened document.

> > You can access that page directly here (it's the 7th item):
> >

> > There are a number of files of interest to teachers of Yiddish on the
files page, which you can access.  As a member of our group, if you would
like to post your own file with any materials that would be of interest to
the group, please do so.  If you feel you cannot do it by yourself I will
be glad to help you; just let me know.

> > a dank in foroys,
> > Leyele
> > Lori Cahan Simon
> >

> > Prepared for the 2008 International Association of Yiddish Clubs
Conference, in anticipation of the founding of the International
Association of Yiddish Teachers, by Gella Schweid Fishman and Lori
Cahan-Simon

44122, or  email to Lorele55 at yahoo.com

___________________________________________________________blitzbriv-adres
___________________________________________________heymadres

____________________________________
> > __ Yidish af an anderer shprakh  (af velkher?)
> >

> > 6. Do you use a textbook, or have you prepared a booklet gathered from
various other sources?
> > Tsi banutst ir zikh mit a lernbukh, oder tsi hot ir tsugegreyt a heft
tsuzamengeshtelt fun andere mekoyrem?

____________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

> > 8. Are you interested in participating in teacher workshops in order
to discuss practical issues regarding Yiddish teaching?
> > Tsi zayt ir farinterestirt zikh tsu bateylikn in lerer-varshtatn kedey
arumtsuredn praktishe inyonim in shaykhes mit yidish-yidishkeyt lereray?

> > __yes/yo
__no / neyn

> > THANK YOU!
> > a sheynem dank!

Please do not use the "reply" key when responding to Personal Notices &
Announcements. Instead, write directly to the person or organization
posting the material.

New material for Mendele Personal Notices & Announcements, i.e.
announcements of events, commercial publications, etc., always in plain
text (no HTML or the like) to:

     victor.bers at yale.edu (in the subject line write Mendele Personal)

Material responding to postings on Mendele Yiddish literature and
language, or new inquiries and comments of a non-commercial or publicity
nature:

      mendele at mailman.yale.edu

IMPORTANT:  Please include your full name as you would like it to appear
in your posting.  No posting will appear without its author's name.

In order to spare time and effort, the shamosim  request that contributors
adhere, when applicable, as closely as possible to standard English
punctuation, grammar, etc. and to the YIVO rules of transliteration into
the Roman alphabet.

All other messages to the shamosim: mendele at mailman.yale.edu

Mendele on the web: http://shakti.trincoll.edu/~mendele/index.htm

To join or leave the list: