[NHCOLL-L:133] Re: Input wanted from users of Visual FoxPro dbs

Richard Gerrard rgerrard at chass.utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 29 10:43:36 EDT 1999

Dear Holly,

I just finished converting a database from foxpro to access.  The conversion was
simple and uncomplicated.  Not knowing the details about your db I can't speak as
to how it might be for you.

I used Access from version 1.0 onwards and like it very much.  So much in fact we
converted our collections databases from Oracle to Access.  I can understand why
your IT people prefer it.  Corporate standard and all.  The major problem with
Access is the 1GB limit on the .MDB files.  (If you database is bigger than a GB
you should be looking at upsizing to Oracle, SQL Server or some other server
dbms.)

Let me know if you need any more info or feedback.

Richard Gerrard
Registrar, Toronto Historical Board