[NHCOLL-L:22] Species 2000 Workshop

Tim White tim.white at yale.edu
Tue Mar 16 07:41:07 EST 1999

FYI, this was posted to TAXACOM.  I thought some of yu may be interested.

>Dear all,
>
>The Species 2000 2nd International Workshop, titled "Biological
>Diversity: Value of Information for the 21st Century" will be held on
>July 14 - 16 1999, at Tsukuba International Convention Centre, Japan.
>The workshop will comprise of issues relating to the world's information
>resources associated with biological diversity.
>
>The primary aim of the workshop is to highlight the Species 2000 global
>project and to develop and promote reliable database activity and
>information networks in the Asia-Oceanic region.
>
>Papers are invited on relevant topics of the conference, including:
>
>     Global Species Database
>     Museum, Collection, and Species Bank Information
>     Regional and Inter regional Biodiversity Information Resource
>     Interoperability of Biological Information Resources
>     Standardisation of Taxonomic Information Systems
>
>Abstracts must be submitted by 1st May 1999.
>
>Further details, including an abstract form and contact details are
>available at:
>
>http://www.sp2000.riken.go.jp/sp2kj/workshop.html

>Junko Shimura, PhD
>Secretariat of Species 2000 Japan
>c/o Japan Collection of Microorganisms
>The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research
>RIKEN
>2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama, Japan

Tim

* Tim White, Senior Collection Manager   (203) 432-3767 (Voice)	*
* Invertebrate Paleontology              (203) 432-9816 (Fax)		*
* Peabody Museum of Natural History      tim.white at yale.edu		*
* Yale University                        http://www.peabody.yale.edu	*
* 170 Whitney Ave., PO Box 208118						*
* New Haven, CT 06520-8118							*