[NHCOLL-L:40] specimen rediation treatment

j. guan jguan at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Mon Mar 22 11:08:41 EST 1999

I am a curator from the department of paleontology in Beijing Natural
history Museum. I am now in the University of Iowa for study.
I got some mammal fossils from a miocene locality in northwestern China.
Mostly are shovel tusked elephant and some primitive elasmotherium (rhino)
as well we some Kubanochoerus (horned pig). I was told that the fossils
have a rediation problem. I was told that a geologist team tested the
fossils with gamma texting equipment. The specimens are in the story room
in my museum now. I wounder they have cost health problem.
I would appreciate if getting some information about this matter and how
to handdle it since I have no information from the geological team yet.
Best regards
Jian Guan
Chair of Dept. paleontology 2nd.
Beijing Natural History Museum