[NHCOLL-L:62] museum science course

Jeff Davis jndavis at cats.ucsc.edu
Wed Mar 31 17:00:51 EST 1999

I'm putting together a proposal to teach a museum science course in our
department.  The course will focus on preparation techniques for
vertebrates, plants, and insects.  Because our department's mission
emphasizes an interdisciplinary approach to environmental problem solving,
I will also introduce the topic of the role and importance of museums in
society.  My proposal, which I'll be presenting to our curriculum committee
in the next month, must include a course syllabus plus syllabi from similar
courses taught at other universities.  If you have taught or taken a
similar course, I'd be grateful if you could send me (electronically or
otherwise) a syllabus from the course.  I'd also be interested to hear
about what worked and what didn't for you as the instructor or student.

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeff N. Davis, Curator
Museum of Natural History Collections
Department of Environmental Studies
University of California
Santa Cruz, CA 95064  USA
Phone: (831) 459-4763, Fax: (831) 459-4015
Email: jndavis at cats.ucsc.edu

Above the boat,
bellies
of wild geese.