[NHCOLL-L:326] appraisals

Liz McGhee emcghee at museum.nhm.uga.edu
Mon Nov 15 16:34:56 EST 1999

	Thanks to all who replied.  I will compile replies that were not
sent to the whole list and post them in a couple of days.
	I have no opinion as to whether appraisers should be paid or not.
If that's how it's done now, that's fine by me.  I must admit I knew
nothing about payment to appraisers in the artworld either.  So for those
of you who were irritated with me that I think that 'biologists/natural
history curators shouldn't be paid', I don't think that.  I just didn't
know and that's why I was asking folks on the list.
	I will avail myself of the American Society of Appraisers in the
future.  Thanks again.

Liz

M.Elizabeth McGhee - Asst. Curator
Mammal, Bird, Reptile and Amphibian Collections
Georgia Museum of Natural History
University of Georgia
Athens, GA  30602-1882

phone:     706-542-3940