[NHCOLL-L:287] Glass Shell Vials

Kesler Randall krandall at sdnhm.org
Tue Oct 19 19:41:37 EDT 1999

	I am looking for a source for glass shell vials to store mammal skulls.
We are undergoing an upgrade project to replace old cracked and translucent
plastic vials will new glass vials.  The current sizes we have are 44mm
long x 21 mm outside diameter(o.d.) and 59 mm long x 33mm o.d.  The closest
vial size we can find is made by Kimble and distributed by Fisher and VWR
Scientific.  They are 51mm long x 19mm o.d. and 54mm long x 29mm o.d.

	We are also looking for polyethylene stoppers to fit our old glass vials
that will replace the old cork. The sizes of stoppers we need are to fit a
diameter of 21mm and 33mm.

	If you have any information on sources, distributors or manufacturers that
sell or customize glass vials and polyethylene stoppers of this desired
size please contact me.

Sincerely,

Kesler Randall, Collections Assistant
Department of Collections Care and Conservation
San Diego Natural History Museum