[NHCOLL-L:296] Director Position

Tim White tim.white at yale.edu
Fri Oct 22 21:52:47 EDT 1999

This just in from Ann Pinzl, Nevada State Museum...

>	The Nevada Department of Museums, Library, and Arts is seeking a
>director for its Carson City facility.  The Nevada State Museum holds
>significant history, textile, natural history, anthropology, and
>archeology collections.  Its twenty-five person staff is the largest of
>Nevada's seven state museums, and it is located at the foot of the
>Sierras and Lake Tahoe.  Minimum requirements include a BA degree in
>museology, history, natural history, anthropology, or archeology in
>addition to three years experience managing a museum or an equivalent
>combination.  An advanced degree is desirable, but applicants must
>possess strong interpersonal skills as well as a background in public
>programming and public education.  A familiarity with advertising, grant
>preparation, exhibit development, and public relations is a necessity.
>We offer a generous state benefits plan in addition to a competitive
>salary.  This position will remain open until filled.  For further
>information contact the Division of Museums and History Administrator at
>775/687-4810 x244.  For a copy of the position announcement and the
>required application material contact the Nevada State Department of
>Personnel, 209 E. Musser Street, Suite 101, Carson City, Nevada,
>89701-4204, or their website, www.state.nv.us/personnel/

Tim

Tim White, Senior Collection Manager    		(203) 432-3767 (Voice)
Division of Invertebrate Paleontology   		(203) 432-9816 (Fax)
Peabody Museum of Natural History       		tim.white at yale.edu
Yale University                        	 		www.peabody.yale.edu
170 Whitney Avenue, PO Box 208118
New Haven, Connecticut 06520-8118