[NHCOLL-L:598] fire suppression systems

c-mayer2 at uiuc.edu c-mayer2 at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 7 15:54:24 EDT 2000

The Illinois Natural History Survey is in the planning stages for the
construction of a new building (about one third of which will house
the collections).  We have been asked by the architects to inquire
about fire suppression systems used in other museums.  If you have
experience dealing with this issue, I would really appreciate your
thoughts and/or comments.  Two of the specific systems the architects
proposed are called FM-200 and INERGEN; any information pertaining to
these systems would be most helpful.
Thanks,
Chris
c-mayer2 at uiuc.edu

    Christine A. Mayer
    Collections Database Manager/Collection Manager:
    Mollusks, Crustacea, Fishes, Amphibians & Reptiles
    Illinois Natural History Survey
    607 E. Peabody Drive
    Champaign, IL  61820