[NHCOLL-L:634] Re: Long term effect of compactus storage onwetspecimens

Lori Benson benson at smm.org
Thu Jun 22 16:52:30 EDT 2000

I must have a different compactor system than most of the individuals who have responded to this concern.  The system we installed in our new museum is manual and we do not have a problem with jerky starts or stops.  I can also move four 25 foot carriages filled with paleontology specimens without having to worry about the chain.  The carriages move smoothly.  When we install the same system in wet collections this fall, we will check vibration, but I do not expect any.

Lori

--
Lori Benson
Collections Manager