[NHCOLL-L:1069] Position open: Collections Technician

Jill Harris jillharr at vmnh.org
Mon Jun 11 12:03:45 EDT 2001

Please excuse cross-postings:  DO NOT respond to me, as I am forwarding this
for someone else.  Correspond directly with Human Resources at the
address/number below.  Thanks.

Position Available

Collections Technician

Part-time position (38 hours a week with pro-rated leave benefits) available
for an individual experienced in cataloging and documenting natural history
specimens.  Responsible for sorting and inventorying specimens, creating and
maintaining inventory data files and database management.  Individual must
be organized, detail-oriented, capable of working independently, and able to
manage several projects at a time.

Must have good computer skills; pest management experience a plus.  Previous
museum experience and a BA degree in a natural history discipline or museum
studies training preferred.  Starting hourly rate: $9.83-$11.90 per hour,
dependent on qualifications and experience.

Applications accepted until position is filled. To apply, send state
application to Human Resources, VA Museum of Natural History, 1001 Douglas
Avenue, Martinsville, VA 24112.  EOE
(540) 666-8617