[NHCOLL-L:1085] Re: bird taxidermy mount cleaning

wwood wwood at po-box.mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 28 11:09:05 EDT 2001

Beware of dusts released from taxidermied bird specimens - some of these may
contain arsenic.  A 30-40 year old specimen should be OK, but unless you know
the source you cannot be sure.  When cleaning wear a dust mask or respirator,
and make sure you wet clean the work surface.

Wayne Wood, CIH, ROH
Manager, Environmental Safety Office
McGill University