[NHCOLL-L:965] entomology position

Paisley Cato pcato at sdnhm.org
Thu Mar 22 12:11:36 EST 2001

Curator of Entomology

The Biodiversity Research Center of the Californias at the San Diego Natural
History Museum (www.sdnhm.org) invites applications for a Curator of
entomology. We seek candidates with strong research interests and experience
in our museum's mission region of Southern California and Baja California.

The museum's entomology collection consists of over 900,000 labeled
specimens, primarily of insects and arachnids. The collection is especially
strong in Coleoptera and Lepidoptera, with smaller but important holdings of
Diptera and Neuroptera.
Qualified candidates must hold a Ph.D. in entomology or appropriate other
discipline; Spanish speaker preferred.

To apply: send a curriculum vitae, statement of interest, and names and
addresses of three references by 15 May 2001 to the San Diego Natural
History Museum Attn: Jon P. Rebman, Curator of Entomology Search Committee,
P. O. Box 121390, San Diego, California 92112-1390. Telephone: (619)
232-3821 ext. 247; Fax: (619) 232-0248;
E-mail: jrebman at sdnhm.org

Position Title: Curator
Sub-Discipline: Entomology
Employer: San Diego Society of Natural History

Paisley S. Cato, Ph.D.
Curator of Collections
San Diego Natural History Museum
PO Box 121390