[NHCOLL-L:1024] Destructive Preservation Book

Jane MacKnight jmacknight at cincymuseum.org
Tue May 1 08:32:29 EDT 2001

A couple of people expressed interest in purchasing Steve William's book on
Destructive Preservation.  The price listed in the Collections Forum book
review is an error -- the cost is 160 Swedish Kroner which converts to US$16
(approx) making the book a real deal!

It is available from the Swedish publisher and through Archetype Books in
the UK.   I wrote both companies the same day and have received the book
from Sweden.

The Swedish publisher can be contacted by writing:
ACTA Universitatis Gothoburgensis
Box 333
SE 405 30 Goteborg
SWEDEN
Tel/031-773 10 00
Fax/ 031- 16 37 97

When I wrote to inquire about payment options, they sent me the book.  Now,
I feel obligated to pay.  They do not take credit cards and my bank charges
$25 for an international bank draft.  At a cost of US$16, it is worth the
risk to send currency which my bank will give me for no additional fee.
There are no additional handling or postage fees from the publisher and is
shipped via air.

>From Archetype Books, the publication can be ordered via a form available on
the Internet --- www.archetype.co.uk.  The book costs 19 pounds sterling
(just under US$28 at today's rate) plus 9.50 pounds for shipping for
airmail.  Archetype takes Mastercard and Visa.

Jane MacKnight
Registrar
Cincinnati Museum Center
1301 Western Avenue