[NHCOLL-L:1064] RE: policy on use by artists?

Bob Glotzhober bglotzhober at ohiohistory.org
Wed May 30 07:07:49 EDT 2001

We have not been overwhelmed with requests for artists drawing birds or
other objects, but do get a few.  Our staff is small, so our major
requirement is that their schedule must fit with ours and must not interfer
with our work.  Other than that, we are willing and eager for painters,
drawers, wood carvers to utilize our collection.  We believe it is as
legitimate a use as scientific research.  Since we are supported somewhat by
tax dollars, we have not historically charged for this.  Artists work in our
space at our facility -- we do not loan specimens out for this type of work.
I suppose that if this became a time demanding event, we would institute
some sort of charge, but have not really needed to consider this.