[NHCOLL-L:1438] Romanoff's volume 8 just reprinted!

Pensoft Publishers info at pensoft.net
Thu Jan 24 09:34:49 EST 2002

PENSOFT Publishers
Sofia & Moscow-based Academic Publishers and Booksellers
Acad. G.Bonchev Str. Bl. 61113 Sofia Bulgaria
Tel: +359-2-716451; -9793460; -9793406
Fax:+359-2-704508
E-mail:pensoft at mbox.infotel.bg
the end of this message. The books are arranged in descending order by
publication date.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by BOOKEAST. You may at any time
unsubscribe or change the scope of your interests or select only certain
language(s)of publication of the offered books.

Dear Lepidopterologists and Librarians,

We are pleased to inform you that one of the rarest books in
lepidopterology, volume 8 of the famous Romanoff's "Memoires sur les
Lepidopteres" has just been reprinted by Pensoft Publishers as a nicely
produced gross-format hardcover. The printrun is limited.

The reprint is produced on agreement with the Central Library of the Russian
Academy of Sciences.

With kindest regards,
Pensoft

Romanoff, NM. 1901. Memoires sur les Lepidopteres rediges par N. M.
Romanoff. Monographie des Phycitinae et des Galleriinae par E. L. Ragonot.
Tome VIII avec 34 planches coloriees. Reprinted by Pensoft.
Saint-Petersbourg, 210x290, species descriptions, colour plates 24-57. In
French. Hdb, 604pp. USD 180.

Volume 8 from the famous 9-volume series usually referred to as Romanoff`s
Memoires is particular not only in its being one of the largest and
certainly the rarest. Indeed, the series started in 1884 and, though volume
8 was penultimate, it appeared in 1901, i.e. a few years later than volume
9, to become, chronologically, the last in the series. The entire series is
fabulous not only in containing the original descriptions of dozens and
dozens of new butterfly and moth generic categories, and several hundred new
species-group taxa by such eminent lepidopterists of the time like Herz,
Christoph, Grum-Grshimailo, Alpheraky and many others, but also most of the
drawings being water colour. Each of the fully hand-painted volumes was
bound individually, and only a few, like volumes 7 and 9, contained
full-colour lithographs. Volume 8 became the rarest as the most unfortunate
as well, because the printrun perished in a fire when only a few copies had
been painted. The Central Library of the Russian Academy of Sciences can
boast to keep two full-colour copies of volume 8 of Romanoff`s Mйmoires.
Pensoft has recently been officially awarded with the right to reprint this
volume facsimile in order to fill in the numerous lacunae existing even in
the world`s largest biological libraries, let alone private libraries.
Volume 8 represents part 2 of Ragonot`s famous monograph on the world fauna
of Pyralidae, part 1 being volume 7 of the same series. The monograph is in
French, very richly and finely illustrated (34 full-colour plates),
containing the description of hundreds of new pyralid moths. By presently
reprinting this very rare and old book, Pensoft makes this publication
easily available and actually revived from nearly complete oblivion.

We also have just received a new stock of:

Gorbunov, PY. 2001. The butterflies of Russia (Lepidoptera: Hesperioidea and
Papilionoidea): classification, genitalia, keys for identification. 300x220,
41+13 plates. In English. Hdb, 320pp. USD 55.

The butterfliy fauna of Russia is completely reviewed, with keys compiled
for the 472 species in 140 genera occurring in the country. Surveys of their
taxonomy and brief remarks on distribution and ecology are provided. The
male genitalia and some other structures of all these taxa are depicted in
more than 700 figures, 472 distribution maps, and 119 colour photos of the
butterflies are of a very high quality.

languages of publications you prefer to receive. To unsubscribe from
BookEast please simply send us a message with the only word REMOVE or
UNSUBSCRIBE in it.

HOW TO ORDER:

To order any of the books detailed in this issue of Pensoft's BookEast Email
Alerting Service simply email or fax or send us by regular mail a list of
titles of the items you require quoting your name
address and payment method. An  Order Form and payment instructions are
provided for your convenience at the end of this message. You may also order
through our online bookshop at www.pensoft.net.

PAYMENT DETAILS:

Credit card payment is possible by VISA/Eurocard/Mastercard/Diners Club
Int./JCB Cards. Please send us your card number cardholder's name and expiry
date by fax (+359-2-704508) or through regular mail. Sending the card
details separated in two different email messages is also possible. For VISA
your address is also necessary. Credit card payment is preferable for sums
less than USD 500.

Payment can be remitted also by either a Bank/Commercial/Personal Cheque or
International Money Order to be sent to the publisher's address in Sofia
Bulgaria. Checks can be issued in USD or EUR. Please send checks by
registered mail!

Payment is also possible by bank-to-bank transfer to be sent to Dr. Lyubomir
Penev/PENSOFT bank account 1160143417 (US$) or 1460143402 (EUR)
RAIFFEISENBANK (BULGARIA) AD 18/20 Gogol Str. 1504 Sofia Bulgaria. We advise
to wire bank transfers in US dollars trough  ne of the following Raiffeisen'
s corresponding banks: CORESTATES BANK INTL. 180 Maiden Lane New York NY
10038 USA or CHASE MANHATTAN BANK 4 New York Plaza 15th Fl. New York USA.
For transfers in EUR we advise to use the Raiffeisen's corresponding banks
RAIFFEISEN ZENTRALBANK OESTERREICH AG S.W.I.F.T. code RZBAATWW or DEUTSCHE
BANK AG FRANKFURT/MAIN S.W.I.F.T. code DEUTDEFF or COMMERZBANK AG
FRANKFURT/MAIN S.W.I.F.T. C ode COBADEFF. The bank-to-bank transfer is the
most secure way for sums larger than USD 1500. To ensure your order is not
delayed and to save extra costs to both you and Pensoft please cover all
bank charges for bant-to-bank payments with no charges forwarded!

*****

ORDER FORM

Please send me the following titles:

Title:__________________________________________ Qty:___ Price:______

Title:__________________________________________ Qty:___ Price:______

Title:__________________________________________ Qty:___ Price:______

Title:__________________________________________ Qty:___ Price:______

Title:__________________________________________ Qty:___ Price:______

Title:__________________________________________ Qty:___ Price:______

Subtotal:     _________:-_____

Postage & packing charge USD 4.00 (for order value under USD 35.00) USD 5.00
(for orders between 35.01 and 50.00) USD 7 (orders between USD 50.01 and
100.00) USD 12 (orders between USD 100.01 and 200.00) and 10 % of the net
order value for orders over USD 200.00
Postage and Packing:   _________:-_____

Total:   _________:-_____

Order and payment details:

Name: ________________________________________________
Street: ________________________________________________
City & Country & ZIP: _______________________________
Tel & Fax number:__________________________________

[] Please debit my VISA/Mastercard/Eurorcard/Diners/JCB
number:_________________________ Expiry date ______   Signature
__________________________

I wish to pay for the above ordered items by credit card and I am aware of
the smallprint specifically about credit cards an address above matches the
credit card. I am using my credit card according to the agreement I have
with the credit card company.

[] Cheque/Eurocheque/Bank draft enclosed for USD _______

[] An International Postal Giro has been sent for USD _______

[] A transfer has been made to your bank account (Raiffeisenbank Bulgaria)
for US$/EUR ________

[] We are a library/organisation and have an account.

[] We are a library/organisation and would like to open an account.

of interest according to the subject classification below and submit the
message back to us.

[] Zoology: Insects & Spiders
[] Zoology: Other invertebrates
[] Zoology: Fishes
[] Zoology: Amphibians & Reptiles
[] Zoology: Birds
[] Zoology: Mammals
[] Botany: All subjects
[] Botany: Non-vascular plants
[] Botany: Vascular plants
[] Freshwater & Marine Biology
Aquatic Ecology
[] General Biology & Ecology
[] Environmental Studies & Nature Conservation
[] Palaeontology
[] Geology
[] Agriculture
[] Medical & Health Sciences
[] Mathematics & Physics
[] Chemistry
[] History & Archaeology
[] Sociology
[] Political Science & Philosophy
[] Lingusitics & Slavic Studies
[] Literature
[] Folklore & Customs
[] Business & Economics
[] Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
[] Additional Subjects / Comments:

All orders and enquiries should be sent to:

PENSOFT Publishers
E-mail: pensoft at mbox.infotel.bg

Pensoft Publishers is pleased to kindly invite you to visit our Online
Bookshop at HTTP://WWW.PENSOFT.NET

OVER 10 000 titles browseable and searchable by subject/author/arbitrary
word!