[NHCOLL-L:1444] seismic restrains

Laurel Casjens casjens at umnh.utah.edu
Wed Jan 30 12:53:35 EST 2002

We are planning to install some kind of netting in front of open shelves
holding herbarium folders to act as seismic restraints.  Does anyone have
experience with such a project?

We are especially interested in a system that will hold the netting tight when
closed, but will be easy to open and close, so people will actually put it back
when finished getting and returning specimens.

Also, any ideas about the best type of netting to use would be very helpful. We
want to be able to see through it if possible.

Thanks in advance

Laurel

Dr. Laurel Casjens
Curator of Collections